What is CLIC?
- CLIC is an acronym for Centre for Leadership, Innovation and Change management.
- It is the fifth centre of excellence in the highly rated Indian School of Business, Hyderabad, India and started in 2008.
- It’s purpose is developing global leaders based on an integral approach—marrying lessons from wisdom traditions with management and scientific traditions.
- Our vision is to be the premier destination for knowledge creation and dissemination in the areas of leadership, innovation, and change management for India, the emerging economies, and the world.
- Our mission is to develop accountable and ethical leaders in organisations and society, committed to practicing personal leadership, enhancing stakeholder engagement, sparking innovation, changing mindsets and inspiring leadership at all levels.
Plans for 2008-2009
- Wisdom Principles Super-site
- Institution Building in Indian Railways
- Giving Voice to Values Case Study Development
- Student 360 Degree Results and Implications
- Young Global Leaders/ World Economic Forum – Asian Leadership Styles
- Virtuous Leader
- Leadership Circles—CEO Circle, Family Business Circle and Entrepreneur Circle
- Joint Certificates with Industry: Positioned between PGP programs and Executive Education–custom developed action learning and coaching programs that give high returns to company, Employee and ISB
- Exec. Education programs–Leadership in Family Business (9/08), Transformational Leadership (12/08)
- Leadership Expeditions–Mt. Kailash and Bhutan
Conferences and Forums
- Igniting the Genius International Conference – Oct. 23-26–Three themes (Leadership, innovation, change) over three days with three lenses (wisdom, management, science)
- Wisdom Thought Leader Forum–An Invitational Conference with top thinkers who have been doing a lot of work on applying wisdom in the business context. A publication is planned as a result of the forum.
- Neurology, Change and Leadership–An Invitational Conference with top experts who have been looking at physiological, neurological advances and connection to change management and leadership development.
- Design and Innovation Forum–An Invitational conference with both academics and practitioners to explore how innovation and design in India could be different and differentiating for product and service companies.
Plans for the Future
- Wisdom Prize–An equivalent of Nobel prize for business leaders
- Kaun Banega Narayana Murthy–Edutainment program that brings out entrepreneurial leadership in various sectors of India
- Asian Women’s leadership – How to help business women to go beyond where they are stopped and become global leaders
- Distinguished lecture series–We have acceptance from Dr. Lee Hartwell, a Nobel Laureate and Ms. Kyung Yoon, Vice Chairman of Heidricks to participate in multi city distinguished lecture series.
- Corporate Fellowships–opportunity for executives to plan and explore leadership, innovation and change issues at ISB
- Publications–Wisdom Series
- Partnerships with other schools around the world.
Board members so far…
- O.P. Bhatt—CMD, State Bank of India
- S. Sandilya—Chairman, Eicher Group
- Partha Sundararajan—Ex. CEO, Aztec
- Raj Jaswa—TIE president, Silicon Valley
- J.A. Chowdary—CEO, Nvidia India
- Steve Milovich—Sr. VP, Disney
- Gary Jusela—Ex. CLO & Sr. VP of Home Depot, Lucent and Cisco, Boeing
- Santrupt Misra— Exec. VP, Aditya Birla Group
- Kovaichelvan—Sr. VP, TVS
- G. Jagannathan—Exec. VP, TCS
- Ranjan Acharya—Exec. VP, Wipro
- Anil Sachdev—CEO, Grow Talent
International Faculty agreed so far…
- Lee Hartwell, Nobel Laureate and CEO, Hutch Cancer Research Center
- Roger Lehman, Director, Global Leadership Project, INSEAD
- Debashis Chatterjee, Dean, Leadership Centre, SP Jain Institute, Singapore
- Mark Kriger, Professor, Norwegian School of Management BI, Oslo
- Nirmal Sethia, Director, Center for Business and Design, California Polytechnic State University, Pomona, CA
- V.S. Mahesh, Director, Service Quality, Univ. of Buckingham, UK
- Sudhanshu Palsule, Visiting Professor, ISB, University of Buckingham
- Kathryn Goldman Schuyler, Professor, Alliant International University, SFO
- Srikumar Rao, Professor, Columbia University, NY
Additional faculty agreed already…
- Toni Ivergard, Director, Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Rangsit University, Thailand
- Nancy Southern, Director, Organizational Systems Program, Saybrook Graduate School and Research Center, SFO
- Renee Levi, Independent Researcher, NY, USA
- Nilakant Venkataraman, Professor, Canterbury University, Christchurch, NZ
- Dennis Jaffe, Professor, Saybrook Graduate School and Research Center, San Francisco, USA
- Ian Mitroff, Professor, Alliant International University
- Arthur Jue, Director, Human Resources, Oracle