- Five simultaneous conversations are essential to the art and discipline of leadership…
- The first courageous conversation is the conversation with the unknown future – what lies over the horizon…”
- The second conversation is the courageous conversation you’re not having with a present customer, a patient, a vendor, who all represent the future as it’s lapping up against the side of your organization….”
- The third conversation is the courageous conversation you’re not having between different divisions of the organization…”
- The fourth courageous conversation is the conversation you’re not having in your work group, among your colleagues—people you see every day, or people you e-mail or talk to on your mobile every day…”
- The fifth courageous conversation—the one on which I believe all others are predicated—is the courageous conversation you’re not having with that tricky moveable frontier called yourself.